Fall has befallen us! As the cooler weather sets in, our minds start migrating to warm, comforting foods that taste best when cooked at home.
Last week I had the chance to partner with O Organics on Palm Springs’ Desert Living show to bring you some super easy ways to make weeknight dinners in a snap.
Did you know that 60 years ago the typical American family dinnertime lasted 90 minutes. Fast forward to today where families spend 12 minutes eating their evening meal together!
Even though we have less time, we don’t have to compromise on taste, quality or health – and O Organics makes it incredibly easy to add organic items into everyday meals without a lot of time, money or effort.
In the Southern California area, O Organics is available at Albertsons and Vons. They feature more than 300 items for every occasion throughout the grocery store: from fresh fruits and vegetables, to wholesome dairy and meats, cereals, snacks and more.
Below are just a few of my favorite O Organics recipes. I love their ideas for making main courses in muffin tins. They’re perfect for portioning and you can batch cook ahead of time and freeze for fast weeknight meals.
And while you’re dabbling in dinner prep, it never hurts to sneak in a dessert and even throw together something for tomorrow’s breakfast. These German Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls are no-bake and a huge hit in my house. And O Organics PB&J Overnight Oats are so easy and delicious, I’m tempted to eat them before morning comes!
Muffin Tin Meatloaves by O Organics
- 1 O Organics egg
- 1/2 cup O Organics salsa, plus more
- 1 pound O Organics lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 9 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add egg, salsa, chili powder and salt; whisking with a fork to combine. Stir in oats. Fold in ground beef gently until all ingredients are evenly incorporated into the beef.
- Coat a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Divide ground beef mixture among 9 of the muffin tins, pressing the beef down slightly in the center.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove and add a teaspoon of salsa to the center of each meatloaf, and top each with a tablespoon of cheddar cheese. Put meatloaves back into the oven for another 5 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes, then remove mini meatloaves from muffin tin and serve!
3 Cheese Muffin Tin Pasta by O Organics
- 2 cups cooked O Organics penne pasta
- 3 O Organics eggs
- 2 cups half-moon slices of zuchini
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs for 1 minute. Stir in Colby Jack cheese and garlic powder. Add pasta and veggies, and stir to coat noodles in mixture. Add Parmesan, and stir again to coat fully.
- In a 12-cound muffin tin sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, divide mixture equally among each muffin tin. Sprinkle the top of each with a teaspoon of crumbled feta.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees F, until fully cooked through but not overdone. Remove and let cool 5 minutes. Remove pasta from muffin tins (if needed, take a butter knife along the edges to loosen the pasta – it should remove easily), and serve.
German Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- 1/2 cup O Organics creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup pecan chips, toasted
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeed
- In a bowl, stir together peanut butter, oats, coconut, pecan chips, honey, cocoa powder and flaxseed. If mixture is too sticky, add another teaspoon or so of ground flaxseed until it reaches a good consistency.
- Roll into balls about 2 tablespoons each. Top with extra coconut flakes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
PB&J Overnight Oats
- 1 tablespoon O Organics strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons O Organics creamy or crunchy peanut butter, divided
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- In a small clear jar, spread strawberry preserves and 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter on the sides of the jar. In another cup, mix together oats, cinnamon, chia seeds, and almond milk. Pour oat mixture into clear jar. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, top oats with chopped apple. Slightly warm maple syrup with 1 tablespoon peanut butter. Drizzle on top of apple and enjoy!
For the full Desert Living Easy Weeknight Dinners segment with O Organics, please click here.
Disclosure: I have a financial relationship with the products mentioned in this post; I was not paid to write this post but I was paid for the product mentions in the TV segment appearing in the post.